Learn AthleticLIVE Webinars
Please join us for a Learn AthleticLIVE webinar. Recordings will be posted on this page the day after each webinar.
Webinar 1 - Track and Field Basics: Create an AthleticLIVE Meet and connect HyTek and FinishLynx
When: April 29, 2020 - 8PM ET
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/96915199244
- Create a meet on AthleticLIVE. Review all of the options timers have when creating AthleticLIVE meets. We’ll run through the entire Create a Meet form and explain each feature. You’ll use some every meet, and you’ll only use others once in a blue moon.
- Upload live results from HyTek. Upload teams, a schedule, and entries before your meet. Upload results during your meet. If you’re not doing FinishLynx, we’ll show how you can upload heat-by-heat results for a more real-time feel.
- Upload real-time results from FinishLynx. As you mark results in FinishLynx, watch them instantly appear on the live scoreboard.
Webinar 2 - FinishLynx Fun: Splits, Live Standings, and Qualifiers
When: May 6, 2020 - 8PM ET
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/93118908829
- Splits: We’ll give a brief overview of how to do splits in FinishLynx and how they look on the AthleticLIVE real-time scoreboard. We’ll also give tips on how to program your mouse to collect splits more efficiently.
- Compiled results: When you have multi-heat events, show unofficial results while the event is in progress.
- Real-time qualifiers with bubble time: When you’re on a qualifying event, give everyone up-to-the-second information about current qualifiers and what an athlete must do to reach qualifying position
Webinar 3 - Advanced Features: Protest Management, Athletic.net Data, Timer Top 3 Tweets, and more
When: May 13, 2020 - 8PM ET
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/91927844267
- Connect your AthleticLIVE and Athletic.net meets: Show team logos, athlete PRs/SRs, and relay SRs.
- Protest Management: For large meets, start a protest period when results are uploaded. If a protest is lodged, change the event status to “Under Protest”. When the protest is resolved, remove the protest status.
- Top 3 Result Tweets: When new results get uploaded, tweet top 3 results to your Twitter account. Allow authorized third-parties to receive these tweets as well (e.g. meet directors, school athletic accounts)
- Custom Notes: Add a custom note to the meet homepage or any event page.
- Score Spreadsheets: Get a breakdown of how a team scored its points.
- Records and Record Breakers: View a meet’s records and anyone who broke a record.
Webinar 4 - Automatically export finish line images from FinishLynx as you mark times
When: May 20, 2020 - 8PM ET
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/98039796225
- Download AthleticLIVE Local: Our middleware program, AthleticLIVE Local, must be installed on one of your timing computers.
- Review Settings: We’ll explain how to configure your image export settings to create the perfect image.
- Generate test images: Before turning on image export, make sure everything is connected correctly.
- Watch it happen: See your images appear on-screen. View athlete and event finish lines photos after uploading final results.
- Why should I show finish line images?: Many timers are hesitant to show these images without prior review. We’ll explain why you should put that hesitation to rest.
Webinar 5 - Field Scoreboards
When: May 27, 2020 - 8PM ET
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82753255269
Recording: (to be uploaded on May 28)
- Setup: Configure FieldLynx to send real-time and compiled scoreboard data through AthleticLIVE Local.
- Event Scoreboards: See how a shot put, high jump, and decathlon javelin looks while it is in progress.
- Up Now and Last Mark: Quickly view the last athlete’s mark and the next athlete on deck.
- Compiled Standings: No matter how many flights there are, you can see up-to-the-second standings based on all flights.
- Flight Sheets: View marks in flight order.
- Field Dashboard: View all in-progress events from a single dashboard. Great for announcers.
Webinar 6 - Cross County Scoreboards and Real-time Team Scores
When: June 3, 2020 - 8PM ET
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88338133877
Recording: (to be uploaded on June 4)
- XC vs Track: See what’s different between track & field and cross country on AthleticLIVE.
- Small races without splits: Setup an XC individual and team scoreboard for races without splits and less than 300 people. Very similar to track scoreboards.
- Big races with or without splits: Deliver reliable real-time individual and team results for races with splits and/or very large fields.
- Live Team Scores: Display real-time team scores on your physical boards at a meet.