Install and Operate the AthleticLIVE Local
AthleticLIVE Local helps timers solve two problems:
- Sending scoreboard data to the web when a FinishLynx or FieldLynx computer is not directly connected to the internet.
- Allowing HyTek, FinishLynx, and FieldLynx credentials to stay static. No more changing ports or usernames for each meet.
A typical AthleticLIVE setup is as follows. All machines must be connected to the internet. New credentials are required for each meet.
AthleticLIVE Local allows other computers to send data to the Web App, which in turn forwards data to AthleticLIVE. Because all data goes to one place, you no longer have to edit credentials per meet. Simply select the correct meet in the Web App and you’re good to go. Only the computer running AthleticLIVE Local requires internet access.
- Download the latest version of the installer here. Download the 64 bit version unless you know you have a 32 bit machine. Almost any computer sold in the recent past is 64 bit. You will receive a notice indicating that permission is required. Click “Request Access” and approval is normally granted immediately
- Double-click AthleticLIVE Local.msi.
- Proceed with the installation process.
- You should see a shortcut on the Desktop and in your Start Menu.
- Open the application. A window will appear with information about starting and stopping AthleticLIVE Local.
- Ensure that the app is completely shut down. Scroll down to “Shutdown the app” for those instructions.
- Download the latest version of the installer. Download the 64 bit version unless you know you have a 32 bit machine. Almost any computer sold in the recent past is 64 bit.
- Double-click AthleticLIVE Local.msi.
- The installer will uninstall the old version of the app and install the new version.
Start the app
- Open the app.
- Open a browser (preferably the latest version of Chrome or FireFox). Go to http://localhost:8150.
- Enter your AthleticLIVE credentials and login.
Change Connection Settings
You may customize the following connection settings:
- HyTek FTP username and password
- FinishLynx results port
- FinishLynx run time port
- FieldLynx port
In most cases, you can leave these ports as-is. Change them if you have other services running on default ports. You are responsible for making sure the ports you choose do not contain traffic from other programs.
Use these instructions to set up your timing programs. Note that the IP address should be the IP address of the computer running AthleticLIVE Local.
- HyTek setup instructions
- MeetPro setup instructions
- Race Director setup instructions
- FinishLynx Track Results setup instructions
- FinishLynx XC Results setup instructions
- FinishLynx Run Time setup instructions
- FieldLynx setup instructions
If you intend to use AthleticLIVE Local with HyTek, Meetpro, or RaceDirector, you must run AthleticLIVE Local on the same computer as your meet management system.
Choose an Active Meet
- Click “Choose Active Meet” in the left sidebar.
- Meets that have active upload protocols or dates within +-7 days will appear. Choose one and click “Submit”. It will take a few seconds.
- If this is the first time you have selected this meet, you will also need to click “Re(start) All” in the App Statuses box.
You can begin sending data to AthleticLIVE Local.
Shutdown the app
To shut down AthleticLIVE Local, you MUST follow these instructions
- In the top right corner of the web app, click on your email address.
- Click the red ‘Shutdown’ button.
- Wait for the browser to reload and say that localhost refused to connect.
- Close the window.
- Export event images
- Add ability to reconnect if Lynx remote connection is lost.
- Show image export status on dashboard
- Allow images to be generated for the same time they belong to 2 different people.
- Use FieldLynx LFFs to generate flight-by-flight and overall field scoreboard standings.
- Automatically export Lynx images and send to Google Cloud Storage.
- Change name to AthleticLIVE Local.
- Add support for FinishLynx XC, MeetPro FTP, and RaceDirector FTP.
- Fix bug where connection settings could only be changed if there was an active meet.
- Allow a timer to deactivate a meet.
- Log all FieldLynx messages for debugging purposes. Trying to figure out if most problems are FL Tablet -> SWA or SWA -> TMIO Server
- Allow multiple competition areas for field events. For example, there can be two shotput circles. The live scoreboard will show the ‘Up Now’ and ‘Last Attempt’ for both circles.
- Ignore port 8150 errors properly with
- Ignore port 8150 errors.
- Added start and shutdown instructions in console window.
- Added FinishLynx Run Time protocol.
- Updating release versioning info.
- Remove FTP max file upload size.
- Initial release